When a sump pump fails at a local university.
Last week SERVPRO got a phone call that two sump pumps had failed at a local university. It was in the basement of the building. When the sump pumps failed, the bathroom flooded with water. Shortly after, the elevator shaft was full of water. There was also water that had leaked into multiple rooms of the large university building's basement.
Fortunately, our SERVPRO team was there to save the say. Unfortunately, the damage was done. Water had been standing in several rooms and seeped into the walls long enough to make a severe impact. It only takes mold 48 to 72 hours to begin growth. By the time our SERVPRO team members arrived and could get to the inside of the walls, mold began to grow. Our team members cut all of the wall space out that was affected. They spent multiple days drying the area out. Even though the area had already been affected, it is SERVPRO's job to make it "Like it never even happened."